2 Open Positions
Job Title: Superintendent
Reports To: General Superintendent
Clark Wilson Builder’s approach sees it work alongside industry-leading architectural firms to develop cutting-edge designs, material selections, and finishes in a bid to elevate living spaces, develop living experiences for residents, and provide high-quality, value-laden, and profitable assets for both investors and owners. Performance-driven and ambitious, this approach has led to the company’s continued success, both in quality workmanship and commercial prosperity for the firm. We want to hire and develop the best talent to share and build on that success.
The Superintendent manages the work of Clark Wilson Builder’s onsite construction team and the subcontractors. In addition, the Superintendent will coordinate and manage the governmental approval process while also meeting or exceeding expectations for budget, schedule, safe work environment, high quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Represent Clark Wilson Builder culture and attitude in all dealings with subcontractors, city officials, and design professionals.
- Schedule and manage the work. Along with the Director and key subcontractors, participate in the development of the overall project schedule. With the Director, maintain a complete project schedule and know the critical path to completion. Monitor and manage to ensure all activities meet target dates.
- Plan and review the construction program with the Director, including procedures, job layout, equipment, systems, and manpower.
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor the activities of the subcontractors and suppliers. This includes all aspects of safety and quality and requires that the Project Superintendent hold regularly scheduled subcontractor coordination meetings.
- Coordinate, direct, and schedule all test and inspection activities of agencies and governmental authorities.
- Expedite all site needs-subcontractors, material, construction equipment, and labor.
- Using proper contractual documentation and procedures, coordinate subcontractors through a regular and disciplined series of meetings wherein their plans and efforts are questioned, verified, augmented, and, when necessary, changed to ensure the desired result.
- Manage and maintain along with General Superintendent, Project Manager the project schedule, subcontractor specialty schedules, short interval schedule, et cetera as required to guide construction to successful completion.
- Fully understand the requirements of the contract documents and local codes. Inspect the subcontractors’ work for compliance and enforce subcontracts if work is not in compliance. Schedule inspection of local buildings officials.
- Maintain the entire work site in compliance with OSHA. Ensure work crews and subcontractors start on time and finish on time.
- Ensure that documents and paperwork are forwarded to the corporate office on a timely basis. Prepare daily field reports of all significant field activity.
- Properly document all subcontractor conflicts, issues, and changes per contract documents and Clark Wilson Builder policies.
- Meeting Attendance:
- Construction turnover and closeout meeting.
- Conduct regular job-site meetings with subcontractors and report results to PM.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or equivalent.
- 5+ years of successful Project Management/Expediting experience with a production residential or multi-family builder.
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of residential construction.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects