1 Open Position
Single Family Superintendent
Job Title: Superintendent
Reports To: VP
Clark Wilson Builder strives to provide the best construction experience in single family housing across Texas. We want to hire and develop the best talent to help deliver a truly above & beyond customer experience and we’ll stop at nothing in our quest to lead the industry.
The Superintendent manages the work of Clark Wilson Builder’s onsite construction team and of the subcontractors. The Superintendent will coordinate and manage the governmental approval process while also meeting or exceeding expectations for budget, schedule, safe work environment, high quality and customer satisfaction.
- Represent Clark Wilson Builder culture and attitude in all dealings with subcontractors, city officials, and design professionals.
- Schedule and manage the work with key subcontractors, participate in the development of the overall project schedule. Maintain a complete project schedule and know the critical path to completion. Monitor and manage to ensure all activities meet target dates.
- Coordinate, direct and monitor the activities of the subcontractors and suppliers. This includes all aspects of safety and quality.
- Coordinate, direct, and schedule all test and inspection activities of agencies and governmental authorities.
- Expedite all site needs-subcontractors, material, construction equipment, and labor.
- Coordinate subcontractors through a regular and disciplined series of meetings wherein their plans and efforts are questioned, verified, augmented, and when necessary, changed to ensure the desired result.
- Manage and maintain subcontractor specialty schedules, short interval schedule, et cetera as required to guide construction to a successful completion.
- Fully understand the requirements of the contract documents and local codes. Inspect the subcontractors’ work for compliance and enforce subcontracts if work is not in compliance. Schedule inspection of local buildings officials.
- Maintain the entire work site in compliance with OSHA. Insure work crews and subcontractors start on time and finish on time.
- Ensure that documents and paperwork are forwarded to the corporate office on a timely basis. Prepare daily field reports of all significant field activity.
- Properly document all subcontractor conflicts, issues, and changes in accordance with contract documents and Clark Wilson Builder policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or equivalent.
- 5+ years of successful experience with a production residential builder.
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of residential construction.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects