1 Open Position
Project Manager/Strong Assistant Project Manager
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Executive Vice President
Clark Wilson Builder’s approach sees it work alongside industry-leading architectural firms to develop cutting-edge designs, material selections, and finishes in a bid to elevate living spaces, develop living experiences for residents, and provide high-quality, value-laden, and profitable assets for both investors and owners. Performance-driven and ambitious, this approach has led to the company’s continued success, both in quality workmanship and commercial prosperity for the firm. We want to hire and develop the best talent to share and build on that success.
The Project Manager is responsible for helping coordinate all activities related to construction at Clark Wilson Builder. Must have a proven track record of meeting production, quality, and customer service standards in a multi-family housing environment. The Project Manager must ensure that projects are produced, delivered, and erected on time and within prescribed budgets.
Required Job Skills:
- Team Management – Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, and managing onsite construction teams.
- Project Management – Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, coordinating, and the overall management of the project through the use of project management tools.
- Construction Management – Management of horizontal and vertical construction for assigned projects.
- Vendor Management – Ability to solicit, coordinate, supervise and manage rapport with work performed by outside vendors, suppliers, and contractors.
- Budget & Forecasting – Create and manage construction budgets for the property and understand variances and adjust accordingly.
- Product Research – Be knowledgeable and educated around the best tools and materials for construction based on value and quality for current and future projects.
- Bid Solicitation – Experience sending plans and specifications out to potential bidders to contract materials and work.
- Bookkeeping – Work directly with construction bookkeepers to manage and coordinate all reporting and financial dashboards.
- Permits – Coordinate all permits with the city in order to follow all ordinances and regulations.
- Change Orders – Management and approval of work that needs to be changed outside of the original scope to complete a project successfully.
- Issue Resolution – Participate in client/contractor meetings and resolve engineering and management project issues.
- Safety & Quality – Complies with all relevant safety, quality, health, and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Reporting – Provides reports on the status of project milestones and adjust schedules accordingly
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems promptly; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and develops alternative solutions.
- Organized – Plans and organizes tasks in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities. Can juggle multiple projects. Pays attention to detail.
- Quality – Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality performance
- Adaptable – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities. Copes effectively with complexity. Flexes around new ideas, processes, or environments.
- Resilient – Able to spring back and recover quickly from difficult situations.
- Competitive – Has the desire to win and be the best; naturally self-motivated
- Technical – Understand how to use technology and other tools relevant to the job.
- Self-Starter – Takes initiative by jumping into tasks and responsibilities with the ability to thrive with little supervision while asking for assistance when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, High school diploma required
- 7 – 10 years of construction experience
- 3 – 5 years of project management experience in construction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and other software common within the construction industry.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Requires working intermittent weekends during busy periods to satisfy business/ delivery needs