1 Open Position
Opening for Custom Assistant Project Manager in Austin, TX
Job Title: Assistant Project Manager
Department: Custom Homes
Reports To: VP of Custom Homes
Clark Wilson Builder’s approach sees it work alongside industry-leading architectural firms to develop cutting-edge designs, material selections, and finishes in a bid to elevate living spaces, develop living experiences for residents, and provide high-quality, value-laden, and profitable assets for both investors and owners. Performance-driven and ambitious, this approach has led to the company’s continued success, both in quality workmanship and commercial prosperity for the firm. We want to hire and develop the best talent to share and build on that success.
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Prepare bid documents and specifications and send out to sub-contractors
- Prepare and execute subcontracts and purchase orders
- Coordinate with owners, architects, and engineers on project to provide documents for permitting, bidding, and construction
- Understand each jurisdiction for permitting and obtain permits accordingly
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Creation of draw requests for review prior to submission to stakeholders
- Coordinate selections with owner, architect, and interior designer
- Update owners of any cost overruns/allowance reconciliations
- Prepare any change orders for owners/buyers in an effective manner
- Provide support to construction staff
- Create construction schedules, provide weekly updates and assist the site Superintendent with meeting those goals.
- Track costs to stay within budget of the project
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or equivalent.
- 5+ years of successful Project Management/Superintendent experience in custom home building.
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, quality control, and production of all phases of residential construction.