4 Open Positions
Job Title: Assistant Superintendent
Department: Multi-Family Construction
Reports To: Superintendent
Clark Wilson Builder’s approach sees it work alongside industry-leading architectural firms to develop cutting-edge designs, material selections, and finishes in a bid to elevate living spaces, develop living experiences for residents, and provide high-quality, value-laden, and profitable assets for both investors and owners. Performance-driven and ambitious, this approach has led to the company’s continued success in quality workmanship and commercial prosperity for the firm. We want to hire and develop the best talent to share and build on that success.
The Assistant Superintendent assists in coordination and control of field production to ensure that assigned work is performed per contract plans and specifications, on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of Clark Wilson Builder.
Required Job Skills:
- Event Coordination – Coordinate scheduling for material, equipment, subcontractors, and manpower with the Superintendent. Participates with Superintendent in initial job meeting with subcontractors.
- Project Management – Observe work and ensure work crews and subcontractors start on time and finish on time. In addition, ensure that subcontractors establish and maintain measures to protect the safety of employees and the security of materials.
- Appraisal – Evaluate material and equipment on the job, anticipate changes in materials and staffing, communicate observations to Superintendent. Ensure that proper standards of workmanship and maximum productivity are maintained.
- Administrative – Properly document all subcontractor conflicts, issues, and changes according to contract documents and Clark Wilson Builder’s policies. Attend regular job-site meetings with subcontractors as well as department meetings as required.
Critical Characteristics for a successful Assistant Superintendent:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems promptly; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and develops alternative solutions.
- Creative – Generates new ideas to problems or innovates around already established approaches.
- Organized – Plans and organizes tasks in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities. Can juggle multiple projects. Pays attention to detail.
- Quality – Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality performance
- Adaptable – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities. Copes effectively with complexity. Flexes around new ideas, processes, or environments.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in construction management
- Minimum five years experience in the construction industry with a commercial and/or industrial general contractor
- Experience in managing a direct-hire workforce and subcontractors
- Proficient with computer software used in the construction industry